Sunday, November 20, 2011

An Untypical Taiping Weekend

Butterfinger' Stay at Taiping. ...was not bad, though my dad complains from A to Z about the hotel we stay in, was really small, inconvenient, and have so little plug points. Well, nobody said Taiping is a well-advanced village. So, be happy with what you have, dad. On the way to my destination, my friends, Cheng, B.hee and Danny SMS and called me about our ranking, our average and how many As we got. Haha, first time I had friends calling me about our results, but it was a nice experience. Thanks to Cheng for helping me check my result while I was on the road. Cheng is ranked 13th in my class, I felt sad about it, and now I hope nobody will ever get sick during exam. I ranked 8th, I was even happier when I found out I was ranked 38th in the whole form! Yesh! As for my gang, I have full confident Cheryl is ranked 1st(well, I was wrong, it's Justin), Johnny gave me the biggest surprise when Danny told me he ranked 2nd, woo-hoo nice job, mate! And Tian Jin ranked 3rd, no surprise, he always gets 3rd or 4th. From my understanding, from 4th place to 8th, we all had the same average. How weird, right?(with the exception of Wai Loon though). Another first time I see this happening, kinda cool, haha. Anyways, we did great guys! And I hope we would still be together in the same class next year, nobody splitting up.    
          The reason why I'm in my ma's hometown that weekend is because my auntie is getting married, to be specific, my mom's dad's brother's daughter, that would be my mom's cousin, which is not close to my mom at all, got married on 12.11.11, congratz to her. Yea, but I was freaking bored that night, after eating, the night before the bridegroom meets the bride, as tradition of Hokkien clan, or maybe the whole Chinese people, the bride and bridegroom cannot meet face to face or call or text each other, haha, ok, the call and text part I made it up, I don't know about that. Anyways, I was so bored that I was so happy it's time to go back to my grandmama's place. Back there, I was so happy to know my cousin is going there too, yes! At last boredom is gonna fly away from my side, she grown even taller than the last time we met, but she is still her wacky self, never change. Though she's younger than me by 3 years, she taught me something, a game called sketch, if that is how it spelled, ha, it was a fun game, at first I thought it's gonna be complicated, but after playing it, it's addictive and easy to play. Sketch is played using poker cards, haha, reminds me of her poker cards, at the back was Disney princess, haha, imagine Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and all those Disney princesses sitting round a table playing poker, haha, this reminds me of Shrek, one of their movies, those rough princesses.    
          The wedding day. Well oh well, a big day for the couple. For me, it was an okay day, had food as usual, the best part about weddings is that they'll have food before, during and after the wedding, the worst part today was the time the groom meets the bride. The groom and his pile of friends will do all sorts of stupid stuff before he can go in, cause the bride is suppose to be not ready yet, so they are stopped by the bride's sisters and brothers, playing games with them, making them put lipsticks, and kissing each other, by the way, those friends of the groom are all male, and we spectators will be looking at guys kissing each other on the cheek, and the last one, right on the lips. Then they had this banana which was tied around their waist, after that, both male will swing their banana to the other male side, if the other male's banana is hooked with his banana, one of them has to eat the bananas, so stupid, after watching this I walked away, cause it's stupid and also disgusting, it seems that everyone there are perverts, well, I just can't stand looking at this and enjoying it, urghh. so I sat on a chair and start eating again, since it's the morning, they offer cakes, kuih, all that sweet stuff. I enjoyed my time sitting there and eat the glutinous rice kuih, sticky and yummy...well, after they finish their perverty games, they knocked on the door, sorry, bang on the door, and shout "open the door" in Cantonese. Why in Cantonese? hello, guys, we're Hokkien Lang. At last the groom can meet his bride after a day of not seeing her, they did the Chinese tradition, zham cha, lastly kids go upstairs and take angpow, which is such a long queue....moving on, all of us went to the groom's house, fuh...his family's house is so humongous, it's like 10 times bigger than the bride's shop lot house. However, when entering the room, you find out the house is kinda small, only the outside is big, cause they had so many fish ponds and they have a big garden and carparks. Plus, this guy who owns this house is a Arowana fish seller, that's why his so rich, haha. He rears these fishes in a big fish aquarium outside his house, kinda cool. That day, my dad and mom was bored so we went back to my grandma's place and play and rest. My grandma said we can shower at her place, thanks for the offer, but we already showered in the morning. Talking about that, that shower I took in the morning was freezing cold, yea they had a water heater, but the surrounding was so cold, the water heater was not enough to make the surrounding in thermal equilibrium. I was practically like a fur ball in the shower, just letting the water run down. Getting out of the shower was the hard part, I had to off the water heater, here comes total coldness, I took my towel, and then just stood there looking at my clothes, just unable to move, but at the end, of course I decided to stop wasting my time looking and wore my clothes, which really almost killed me, having a morning shower sucks badly!
          Well, the wedding dinner, how did it go? The one thing I don't like about w.dinners are the going in and the getting out part. Going in, if you're late, ok, my family's always late, everyone goes and thought you were the bride and groom, well, we are so not. Getting out we need to shake hands first, and squeeze out to the exit, hate it, so cramp, thank goodness my dad went down and get the car ready for us to get out! Yay! The whole night was drunken talks, bad singing, horrible food and my grandma, urghh..can pengsan and she's sitting right beside me, cause my ma had an argue with her and doesn't wanna sit next to her, I also hate family issues. Whole night was my grandma thinking I'm wasting food, oh come on I don think I ever waste food ever! I just eat slower than others, so patience, grandma, of course I'll eat it, plus the forcing to eat the last bits, oh please, I'm so full already, you want me to finish that?! And so, I was a bloated fish when I came back to the hotel, just feel like laying down the bed and sleep away....
          The next day, we ate Khai See Meen(Shredded Chicken noodles) with my cousins for brunch, and went back home after that, to meet my grandparents for dinner. That weekend was done.

1 comment :

Danny Ngau said...

So you dwell in a hotel whenever you're back in your hometown, hmm, that's pretty cool actually. Yeah, I also thought it was Cheryl but it was Justin, haha. Yeah, my bro's shocking. I'm ranked 6th, stupid and crazy me. Wau, that's just too specific, haha, your ma's dad's bro's daughter. About the tradition, I think it's actually for all the chinese people. Because that time during my cousin's wedding, they didn't meet each other too. Haha, exactly, disgusting. Perverts, haha, we meet perverts wherever we go. Erm, Hokkien lang, erm, nothing, nothing. I took shower in the early morning everytime when I'm going to my mal's office but it didn't kill me. I didn't even switch on the water heater sometimes, maybe I'm too fat, lipids help to keep my body warm, haha or maybe muscle. Your mal had an argue with your grandma, that doesn't sound right. HAHAHAHA, your grandma is kinda... Family issues, I always have it, I'll share with you when we chat. Bloated fish, you're not that fat, don't worry. Even if you're full, I don't think you'll be like a bloated fish or whatever animals. Khai See Meen, ate it last few days. Nice post, I enjoyed reading it, but only I comment today, too busy to type, haha.