Monday, May 9, 2011

I Sang

2 incidents happen today. 1., I went on stage with a bunch of other librarians to sing NILAM song, to merasmikan Nilam Day. Nothing special about that, since i went up on stage a few times before, so it wasn't...how do you say...nerve-wrecking? The other one was a big surprise, well it all started when i decided to change my topic for oral test. It was suppose to be '3 things I Love the Most', but i figured it would be boring to listen, so at the last minute, I changed it to 'MUSIC'. Yea, just music. 
          When teacher called my name, i already started to have nerves, I could feel my heart beating so fast, the pulse near my neck was beating hard, that i started to feel a little painful. The worst part was my whole body was trembling hard. Nonetheless, i continued my speech, it was horrendous, i had no idea what to say, my brain was like a nut that only left its shell. No 'isi' at all, up to the point where i could stand there the whole time without saying a word. Then, my friend pointed out a suggestion.
          She pointed out a suggestion, well not a very clever idea I must say, but on the verge of dying, should I just die or should I take that rope and pull myself up again? I choose the rope, but there was 1 condition, I have to sing, yeap, that was her suggestion, sing~ Who in the world sing on an oral test?! Me. So, during that time, I was talking about my favorite music bands, The ScriptOnerepublic. Then, i talked about meanings in lyrics, like Come Home by Onerepublic, truly, I don't know how to explain the song. Right at that moment, she said 'sing, sing the chorus part!'. I was like What?! Sing?! Fuh! That is insane, I tried to think of something else, but my nuthead is still...an empty nut. Ok la, I just go ahead with the singing...Man! I can't believe by the time I just open my mouth, my voice came out! I REALLY DID SING!!! but i feel my body collapsing, I was surprised that I sang in front of my whole class, I still am!, but the most surprising part(to me) was when i finished singing, my classmates started clapping! Yea! I can't believe it! They clapped! After saying thank you to everyone, I went back to my seat, my friend beside me asked some add. maths questions, I can't wait to do it, I just wanted to forget whatever i did back there, and concentrate...but I can't! My hands were still trembling, with fear? I don't know. I tried to stop it, it's kinda like an aftershock. Is this how people feel after singing in front of people that you recognize? 
          Well, at the end, I'm happy, it finally stop shaking, and happy I've finished my oral (although my oral wasn't really tested! XD). Teacher said there'll be another test coming up, thus, i promise myself, this time, I'll not change my topic! In fact, I will never ever try to change anything again!...hmm, I just wandered, were my friends clapping, cause they like it? or as a sign of my bravery? hmm....butterfinger out.

4 comments :

Danny Ngau said...

What can I say ? Well, your singing is amazin'.

Butterfinger said...

erm, thanks. your singing is better, and you'll think i'm crazy, but i wanted to tell you this long time ago, ok, like when you talk, most of the time, when you speak, erm, it's like, you're singing, really, no joke, i can feel, ok hear, melody going into my ears, the vibration when you sing, it's really cool! You are really really...special, like gifted, you sing when you speak! that's so cool, i wish i can do that...^^

Danny Ngau said...

Hmm, when I'm talking, you feel that I'm singing? You're kiddin' me. Yeah ? Deep voice is a gift ?

Butterfinger said...

yeah, truly.I'm not kidding, is not the deep voice, but something there, it's in ur voice. 1 word : COOL