Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

I'm happy that my family actually spend Father's Day. Although they totally forgotten about it, and only until I told them, well, I'm just happy they realize that we should celebrate Father's Day as one happy family.
           It was Saturday, aka Father's Day Eve, that my grandparents came, and they too have no idea tomorrow is one of those special days. So, while we were eating dinner together in a restaurant my parents' friend recommend, Charlie's Mee if I'm not mistaken, that's the name of the restaurant. While everybody was enjoying the fish curry, I pop up the question, " do you know what day is tomorrow ? ", not surprisingly, everybody's face went blank. Then, my brother continued, " oh, come on guys, it's Father's Day la ", haha, then me and my bro said Happy Early Father's Day to our dad and grandpa. Soon, my grandma, she volunteered to treat us all out after dinner, that's nice of her to do that, thanks grandma!
          Dad and grandpa wanted to eat donuts and drink coffee, so we decided to go to the nearby jusco, and have J.Co. Yum, well, i had my usual, the ice cream yogurt, yummy! Oh yea, and grandma paid for it, thanks again! Weirdly, although it's FATHER'S day, the topic they were talking about were all me, my bro, and more me me me. One thing I remember clearly, I was pampered a lot when I was small, I'm fussy, and I hate grandpa carrying me up every time when I wanna walk by myself, haha! Grandma also said when I was younger, when I wanted something, I'll pick up the thing, then start looking at it from every angle, finally ask her, " Grandma, what is.....this? ". Then, grandma laughed, " you want this? ". Haha, and I just keep on nodding my head, " yea, yea, I want this ". I can't remember that, but I love it when grandma tells my stories over and over again. And I'm happy that I changed to become a better person than last time, I'm not very selfish anymore, I'll try to give way for people first than me, and I don't simply want stuff, I think before I buy something. So, thank God I changed.
          The next day, Sunday Father's Day, my dad has to go off again, so my family managed to wake up early that morning and went out to eat breakfast before dad went. We had chicken rice, haha, not a way to celebrate father's day, but the chicken was good and me and my bro said Happy Father's Day to him, and I'm glad I did that. We said goodbye to him and he's off to busy work, hope he'll have a safe trip, I pray everyday that he's safe there, come back safely in one piece next week, dad.
          Well, that's how my Father's Day went. Love it, and wish next year we'll celebrate again.
Butterfinger out.

5 comments :

Danny Ngau said...

Told you your family is great too. So you and your bro reminded them that it was Father's Day after that 'Saturday'. You pampered a lot when you were small ? Haha, cool, wish I can imagine how you look like when you were small but erm I can't. Well, from my point of view, you are already a great person. Come on, of course your dad will come back safely in one piece. So that was how you celebrate your Father's Day, well I should be updating my post now about Father's Day too. See 'ya.

Butterfinger said...

Haha, when i was small, I guess I was a naughty kid. Thanks, well, everybody's great. Who knows? maybe he won't, i pray to make sure, haha, i always pray...yea, i just read ur new posts, it's good.

Danny Ngau said...

No, not all people are great. Come on, he'll be alright. But yea, you should pray for him as I always pray for my family to be safe. Thanks for readin' it, this post is good too. Great actually.

Butterfinger said...

I think even bad ppl has a little greatness in them. Yea, praying for everyone is good. Haha, Good post by good people.

Danny Ngau said...

Right. Of course they have. Yeah, good post by good people.