Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Case of the Unpredictable Menstruation

          After a week of holiday, I forced myself to crawl out of bed, to a start of a new exam week. From Holiday then straight to Exam, my school's giving me Déjà vu, or...maybe not, I just feel like using this term right now, ha. 1st day of test papers took off, but to me it stopped during recess, my time of the month came, yeap, period.
          ...Catch Me, haha, not related to my post, just a song I suddenly like, yea, how funny, right, I suddenly like it, well, it has nice lyrics. So..I was saying my period leaked, all this not known or you can say, seen by me, Cheng saw it. Though it was a little awkward letting someone see it first rather than yourself, but in return, I said Thanks to her, if she didn't tell me, and kept looking at it, I will feel totally feel ill at ease. Thanks again Cheng for your honesty. After that, I went round my classroom, with my hands trying to cover the part, asking the girls if they brought any sanitary pads, unfortunately, none have. I didn't have it too, cause I gave it to my friend few weeks ago, and always delay/didn't care to replenish. Well, I had backup, some people to help me, Cheryl & Crystal, Cheryl went from 4L to 4J asking if anyone have pad for me, while Crystal went all the way down checking if the book store or the small shop sell this stuff. At the end, both my backup came back empty-handed, and I just told them it's ok. Cheryl was like, "What it's ok?!..." and bla bla bla, haha, can't remember what she said, I think I just zonked out that time and looking at her, cause I can't forget her expression on her face, a little panicky but most of all, worried for me. In my mind I thought, "Wau, she looks worse than me, as if she's having it, ok, gotta do something else." Sigh, what did I do? I stand and go find help from Cheng.
          She told me to now go clean up...a big '?' pop in my head...how? No idea...she said, "Use tissue paper la."...okay, I guess I understand a little bit, Rebecca said if she were in my shoes right now, she'll be freaked out, but me still looking calm, I figured maybe it's because this is the first time I'm having to face this case of misfortune. Well, next step to the toilet, half way there, I see Cheryl at the back of me, helping me cover my back, oh come on, I already have a big paper to cover la! Sorry, another song to recommend again, haha, Holes Inside. Later I've done everything, I quickly sat down and never make a move, only my hands and my head are moving, haha. Next paper was Bio Paper 3, and I didn't feel like studying anymore, felt like since this is the last paper of Biology, might as well just flunked it. Head down, looking straight at my notes, and my brain suddenly tune in to Broken Strings, by James Morrison and Nelly Furtado, the first chorus part, where it goes, 'You can't play on broken strings, You can't feel anything, that your heart don't want to feel, I can't tell you something that ain't real', I was totally broken down, but when i sang it further till almost the end, till the last part, 'Let me hold you for the last time, it's the last chance to feel again', and that last words gave a little smile on me, and I felt so so much better, like Energizer Bunny went inside me, and ZAP me back to reality. I changed my mind, this time I saw my notes, with, haha, erm, an open heart and mind, I went on reading and studying. Subsequently, I made up a new study method, singing those words out loud, haha, paper 3 was mostly all about experiments, having a lot of Aims, Problem Statements, Hypothesis...all that I made a tune, and sang every word out, ahh, I made myself had fun while my lower body is having trouble, ha, I'm weird.
          Thankfully, I managed to finish the paper, and passed it up, great. Now time to go back home, wait for B.Hee, after everyone has almost gone out, I scan the room for him, OH MY GOSH!, a sudden realization, he's not in class! Ahh, why didn't he wait for me?! I walked as fast as I could to the back gate of my school, ahh(!), it's lock, Cheryl offered me help again during this time, thanks a bunch, and consequently, Danny was asking me if my paper was okay just now, I gave short answers to him, made a face expression saying, "please keep moving, and don't look back and chat with me right now", haha, but I guess he didn't get that, how I wish I could just tell him I'm having period, but there were so many people, I can't. When I went back home, i did tell him all about it when he text me. Back to the chasing of B.Hee, hoping hard his mom haven't took off and gone, leaving me behind, that day was monday, I don't stay back on monday, please wait for me, I panicked in my head. In real time, since the back gate is locked, S.Mei was going to the main gate, Mei and Cheryl always walk to the front gate together everyday, and because of me, they had to use the back gate today, moreover, it was locked, so, I told Cheryl lets catch up on Mei before she walks even faster, I hate it when somebody sacrifice what they always do, their time, their stuff just for me. On the way to the main gate, Boon Hee unexpectedly just appear right beside me, what?! He's super fast! At the same time, what a relief! He's right beside me! Yes! He told me he went to toilet just now, and went back to the classroom to find me, but I weren't there. Haha, man, I was so..terrified he forgotten about me, I ran out.
          Well, I gotta TQ Cheryl big time, you helped me a lot, even though I said I didn't need it, haha, thanks. Also, Lesson Learned: Always replenish my pad, and also extra tissues. And pray hard, this is the first and the last time my menstruation come haunting me at school or any public areas. XD     
         

No comments :