Monday, June 6, 2011

Food & Books #1

The first week of holiday, it was....AWESOME! Although I wanted to spend my school holidays with the net(only), I've been banned, for 1 whole week by mama, well if it wasn't for me who spent the whole midnight, before my bro's last day of exam, blogging and facebooking, if I had waken up to wake my bro up in the morning, if he was not late for his exam, if he didn't miss the paper of his exam, I won't be banned. Well, in short, it was all my fault. So, ne net, what to do? Flip the newspapers, WOA!!! Sales!!! Everywhere! I don't mean any normal sales, it's BOOK SALES!!!

80%!!! 90%!!!
Now this is grand....
 How cool is that?!! Okay, maybe not everyone will agree on how 'cool' this is, but come on, look at the amazing discounts! One from Popular, the other from Times, next, this is the best, READ Malaysia Book Fest ! At first I thought, this READ Malaysia will be kinda boring, maybe a few discounts here and there, but i was wrong, totally wrong. You could not imagine how big this book fest is...okay, maybe not that big, just a whole convention hall of Mines Shopping Center. The best part was Borders Sales, i mean, inside this book fest, well, like any other book fest, you'll see a variety of bookstores, publishers, stationary brands, all putting what they have. Borders (aka the best bookstore), they had 70% off on Fictions, Self-Help, Travelling, Manga, Art & Crafts, all sorts of books, even though 70% is not much, compared to 80% or 90%. The books that go on sale are..well, the books that I like, I want, I was so happy that day, that what i estimate of me spending maybe only 1 hour there, at the end I spent 3 hours! It was great!

 Of course my books on the left, mom's on the right, haha, only one! All my book are about RM5-8 each, reasonable, huh?
Bought some reference books too, RM2 each, cool, right?
Oh yea, those little notepads, didn't buy it, that guy gave me free, I didn't even notice!


About that READ Malaysia, it went from 27th May till 5th June.
I have to admit, it was good book deals, and i had to go there again! Yea, I did, i went for the last day. It was even better, 70% was already good for me, they added 10% more, 80%! How freaking great is that?!! I went there for a reason, I need to find a book, it's called Sweep by Cate Tiernan, yea, I'm finding Book 4- Dark Magick. But alas, i failed to find it, i asked the exhibitors if they had anymore stock, but they said everything that you see, is what they brought for this exhibition, i was kinda down heartbroken. Man! Have you ever had that feeling where you came for that something, but that something is not there...i searched quite long for that one book, about 3 hours, and I gave up, maybe next time, if there is a next time....oh well, to mend my little sad heart, I went through the books again, but this time not finding, but scrambling through the other books, this somehow bong my head, like saying, how come this stupid girl went pass us just now but she didn't pick us, and now she comes back, picking us up one by one, how stupid....Yea, I am stupid, other than that, I find the other books interesting, interesting that i bought quite an amount of books, that includes, the series of Narnia, something about Wereling, and more I can't remember. Well, that's just shows how stupid I am in time management. I waste a lot of time.

          Okay, let's forget about my dumbness, and move on to the next sales, now this sale is also in a convention hall, but it's smaller than the Mines, and thus, it's smaller than READ book fest.Located at Viva, a shopping center that was so rundown last time, now renovated, crowded with people. It is the Popular warehouse sales, it's...not bad, actually, books there have a good bargain, but no match with the book fest. I bought...not much, as Popular is mostly Chinese books, and I...don't really have interest in Chinese, haha. Sorry.

The new and improved ViVa
 50% 50% 50% 
 Sigh...chinese books 80%...
 Buku Melayu Section (very small )
Stationery Site
See that RM1 sign, yea, that's cool
 Ahh....The Kane Chronicles is back!...though it's 30%, it's still expensive...so I'll patiently wait....
My bro's favourite Survival books
haha, look how little are my books, compared to mom's...all chinese, plus my stationaries, 
bought for my friends
Books from 2nd Day, this time i bought some chinese too
 My reference books, all RM4 each
 Hmm....I'm missing something....... .... ...oh yea, I bumped into my friend there in Popular and in the Book fest too. Well, I didn't really bumped, they saw me first, in Popular, came across Edward and his bro, they bought some english books...to me those were kinda boring, haha! Then, in book fest, saw my tuition friend, ms. lee, she was walking around with another friend of mine. Kinda cool meeting them there...XD

          So book fest, popular, ahh, one more Times, times was to me the worst, books there are quite outdated, though books i bought cost around RM3-4, it wasn't interesting, mom even said if i bring her again to this kind of warehouse sales, she'll kill me! 'kay then, next time I'll do some research before i go....lesson learned.
My 3-4 bucks books


Well, that's the end of my Food & Books post, next one will be about food, emm...yummy, yea, My mama's Italian Food, she does the best. Do not ask her to do Chinese or any Eastern Cuisine foods, it's not so good, she's more to Western & European. Wanna know more about her and her cooking, don't forget to check out my new post, COMING SOON, see ya~!     



4 comments :

Danny Ngau said...

My first thought on this post: ''WHOA, so freakin' long. Going to take time readin' erm''. But yeah, gonna read them anyway. So that was how you got banned. Next time, sleep early then wake up early lo. I'm not that into book fest, book sale or whatever. Just not into books that much. Ha, borders, the bookstore that I like most. Wow, you can actually spend 3hours in a book fest. I usually just spend 30 minutes on them only. That feelin', of course. I have that feelin' all the times. I'm going to buy some home videos in some dvd shop but they don't really have stock. Sucks, doesn't it ? Narnia series, I love Narnia. Viva ? Never heard of it... Chinese books, I don't know how to read chinese novel, seriously. I don't know if it's starting from left or right. Plus, I don't really know how to read the words or what the words mean. Edward was there, cool. Rm 3-4 only ? Kinda cheap, don't you think. I'm actually checking out the second Food&Books post. Sorry that I comment lately.

Butterfinger said...

Yea, i should, but no worries, school's starting again, i guarantee i won't be late to wake you up, bro! Yeah, such a horrible feeling! It really sucks. Viva is just a shopping mall. Chinese books, yeah, i have difficulty on reading them too, yeah, especially those freaking complex words! but i force myself to read it, so i won't forget my chinese roots, haha! yeah, he was, uh-huh, dirt cheap. It's okay, tks for commenting as always!

Danny Ngau said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danny Ngau said...

I still can't believe that you actually bought Narnia book for 3 bucks each. THAT IS SO COOL.