Thursday, August 11, 2011

Public Speaking 2011

          A lot of things happen on 26th July 2011, my friend's birthday 26th July 1995 and my class trip, 26th July 2011, not only that, me, Cheryl, Danny and Johnny had public speaking competition on the same day after we came back from our trip. Fuh~...sounds kinda tiring, right, first trip then competition, but it wasn't that bad, i quite enjoyed that day. So, public speaking, never done it before, well...i did compete in storytelling competition and others similar to it during primary school days, and Cheryl said i went up on stage in front of the school when i was form 1, but I can't really remember, she also said everybody laughed when i said something, she said the way i was speaking made them laugh, haha~!
          However, this is public speaking, big difference, and sadly nobody laugh, haha, my title was "How to build an Exceptional Self-Esteem", of course nobody laugh, but honestly, i was terrified, although there were just the judges and the contestants plus some students, i was shivering like a cat poured with cold water, and even though i had my script with me the whole time, my hand was shaking madly with it, man, i felt like babbling everything as fast as possible and end my turn. Believe this, i did end my turn fast, not even 5 minutes or so, i finished my talk, i know, so lame. What to do when you're dying to get away...
Contestants (from far right) Pinky, Esther and Siew
 that's me, see, i'm holding the script, but sigh, shaked a lot.

 Those in purple, contestants and the others, our juniors watching us
          Judges
 A girl from 1st class, i thought she did swell, she wasn't bad at all.



 Yee Yan, she got 3rd place




Danny, his second round, went out after taking his pic, don't wanna give him any jitters, even in the 1st round, haha, he asked me not to focus on him too much, he talked about the goods of playing games, i think he didn't do badly.
All the pics i took that day.
           And can you believe this pic?!! What?!! I got a prize?!! Oh yeah, i did, i got second, and who got first you ask...hmm...who else can it be, Cheryl!!! She talked about living a healthy lifestyle, she did great, she deserved first place, she changed her title last minute, although she had a little...bit of flaws, she was excellent all the way. How about Johnny? Haha, he talked abt his best friend, i think it was interesting, but i told him before this, this is PUBLIC speaking, a title my best friend, is not something related to the public. Even if I didn't do well, i'm totally glad that the 1st and 2nd prize went to we Creativos! Yeahoo!!! The LUHURians (a.k.a first class) got 3rd place, hehe...I'm not quite sure about this, but maybe we'll be able to join a national public competition next year, haha, of course i'm even more scared, but i'm just so so hyped to enter that competition, in order to do that, i have to try and practice talking to the mirror everyday, i guess...to Dan and John, don't put your feelings down, to me, you guys did AWESOME!!! XD

1 comment :

Danny Ngau said...

Haha, comment time. You're right, a lot of things happened that day. You did those things in primary school ? Haha, great. Even form 1 you did, wow, cool. Couldn't see you shivering that day, I did badly that day, I ended faster than you did. Thanks for not giving me jitters but the thing was that I was not nervous at all, just don't know why teacher said I was. Naa, I did it badly, teacher said I was talking, not speaking. It's pretty weird when I think about it. I was not down at all, that feeling was awesome, haha. Come on, honestly, I'm great in talking, not speaking, but haha, I enjoyed that competition. Great experience.