Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mom the Kitten Saviour

          Yeap, according to the title, my mom did saved a kitten, a baby one, she found it in a plastic basket at the back of my house. She called me out fast, to get a proper sleeping place for the kitty, but as usual i panicked, how should i know what is a "proper sleeping place" for a cat?!! I never had a cat before in my whole life! Although there's a lot of stray cats near my house, but that doesn't count. Well, then, she took charged, ask me to hold the kitty (even that, I almost let it slip from my hands), a few seconds later, she's back with a styrofoam thing, and she put newspaper on it (and that's what you call a "proper sleeping place", mom), I gave her the kitten back, while the kitten was with me, it was whining or crying so loudly, man, it was freaking annoying, but when it was with her, it stopped, well i guess it hates me, haha. Then, my mom fed some water with a little straw (those Vitagen straw) and gave it some milk, cow's milk, but i don't think it's appropriate to feed cow's milk to a new born kitten, however, she refused to listen to me and fed it. She don't want the kitty to die, cause she son't wanna clean up the dead body and stuff, waste of her time, but i know, sincerely, she really cares about the poor guy, while she feeds, it sometimes whines again, don't wanna drink water or milk, mom complained, but I also know in her heart, she wants it to drink, be alive and live well, plus, by looking at her pitiful face face expression, of course she cares about the kitty!



The little kitty






          My whole family (excluding my dad) took care of it through the whole last weekend, hoping that it's mom comes, take him, feed him cat's milk, oh, i went and search Google, "How to care for a new born kitten", and i found out that. I was right! Feeding cow's milk to a baby kitten is a no-no! Although i do not know why NO, but it clearly states in the SPCA website, that we should not feed cow's milk, it's bad. And I forgot to tell ya, there was another kitty, but unfortunately, it died, mom said maybe it dropped from higher to lower ground, and died, poor guy. What else, my bro even called my neighbor to check out the kitten. She said kinda like this, "Don't worry, the cat's mom will come one...just leave it alone here, take good care of him, oh IT, cause we don't know if it's a girl or boy, see...it's eyes haven't open yet, so i think you have to look after it for a week until it's eyes open, but don touch it ah! Cause the cat right, the mom, cats are also kaum harimau, so if you touch the baby, they will come and bite you!" Haha, I laughed, I laughed most of the time on how she says it. But, the next day, the kitty's gone, maybe the auntie was right, the mom has come and took it away..i also think otherwise, maybe the kitty, it went somewhere, i don't know, it died?
          
          Well, I just hope it's still alive, living happily with it's mom, somewhere over the rainbow...

1 comment :

Danny Ngau said...

I don't really know why I feel that Science & Faith fits this post perfectly. I guess it's because that I was listening to that song while reading this post. Styroform container ? Haha, okay. It hated you, huh ? Feeding baby kitten with cow's milk is a no-no, hah, good to know. Pity the kitty that died. Well, I'll say that the erm auntie was right, the kitten is alive. Great post, fascinated me.