Saturday, September 10, 2011

BookFest @ Malaysia 2011

Hello, blogwalkers/visitors/friends, good...MORNING, today's a bright morning Saturday, most of my schoolmates should be at school joining Jogathon right now, but me, I rather stay at home than participate in it, haha, well, I'm getting lazier and lazier day by day. Today, I decided to blog about the BookFest I went during my one-week holiday. It was held from 27 August - 4 September, everyday 10am-10pm, at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre(every year).
From the side here, you can see two catalogues there. I was so excited about this book fest, cause I went last year, and can't believe there's a book fest that cater for english books, so I bought these catalogues beforehand, haha, before the book fest even started, but you will receive it when you pay the entrance fee(RM2.50) for adults, those young kids, teenagers below 18 are F.O.C. oh yea, not forgetting senior citizens. This year, book fest had two levels, ground floor - all books, the Chinese & English Pavilion ; 3rd floor - Lifestyle Pavilion, all on stationery, music and multimedia. And if you spend RM50 & above at Lifestyle Pavilion, you're entitled to win a prize(or more than that) just by answering one very simple question, which I forgotten, haha, but unfortunately not everyone can win, IF YOU'RE LUCKY to get picked from a whole lot of people, you will be phoned, to collect your prize. Well, if you're lucky la, haha. There are many more events & activities, sorry I didn't keep count...
"One Book, One World"
That's this year's book fest theme, encouraging everybody to bring books to the world and for the world, not sure what does that mean, do they want us to buy the books and give it to those who can't afford?..or asking authors to write more and ask us to buy and give ourselves more knowledge? haha, taktau...
And as usual, when I go somewhere, I will what?, I will of course, take pics, haha, so above info are just the infos, take a look of the book fest for yourselves, and maybe next year, go visit? Your choice, XD.





 English Pavilion















 Haha, my bro, wanted to just take the 'Welcome' sign,
 suddenly he came to the pic and pose quick, not bad, brother.


 Petronas Twin Towers
Lifestyle Pavilion






 RM1 pens from Pilot, and Buy 1 Free 1 for ball pens, cool, eh?

 Love BiC, the best pen in the World, and the cheapest, I think, just love it!
 I bought 2 CDs, for RM50, hehe...





 Hehe, Look at that(left side pls)...THE THRONE OF FIRE...
 Geronimo Stilton!!! My fav, when I was kid, my bro loves it too, 
now they have Thea Stilton books and Crupella de something, new edition. 
 At the end of the 1st day, waited for mom till I got bored, 
imagine me, getting bored in a book fest, 
haha mom la, so decided to spend time taking blah-blah pics

 This is where you go to enter the
if-you-spend-Rm50 above-at-Lifestyle Pavilion-contest.
Chinese Pavilion, haha, sorry, only took 3 pics, wasn't there for long, 
but it's as big as the English Pavilion.



Conclusion, erm, after I went to another book thing earlier this year, I was disappointed on the selection of books and the price, it was not as good as the other, but still, I'll go there again next year, haha, somehow no matter how bad or how good is the book fest/sale/store, I'll go again, who knows, maybe next time they'll have the books I like and greater discounts? Haha, again, no matter what, just think in an optimist way, thinking positive makes everything not that gloomy or angry-ish.  

No comments :